Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #191: BINGO!

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPGキャプチャ2.JPG

  

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-05-30.png

So it's an app. two batch macros, and an iterative macro. I realized I should used a random sample tool instead of the iterative macro but at the time that seemed like the easiest solution to the "how do I choose a random item and prevent that item from begin chosen a second time" problem... So app takes in the number of cards wanted. Control/Batch deals with layout and calls the batch for the different card type. Second batch controls the iterative part - which is basically just a random % sample tool but oh so much more fun...

DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Ready, awesome and fun challenge!

sarahkelly
8 - Asteroid

Landed somewhere between Intermediate and Advanced on this one.

EW
11 - Bolide

This challenge was so much fun!  Reminds me of one of the first Excel macros I ever wrote, to generate random BINGO cards based on stuff a certain friend always said!  

Spoiler
I should say the first half of the challenge was fun!  The second half was table border and layout hell for me.  I need to learn the Reporting tools better to do these in a decent amount of time.  😬  191_EW.PNG
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

my take 🙂

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Spoiler
challenge_191.PNG
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
MT Solution 191.png

Original_Yodies
8 - Asteroid

completed as Beginner, to continue Intermediate with iterative macro soon.

Spoiler
Original_Yodies_0-1648055115997.png

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
191 - 1.png191 - 2.png191 - 3.png

Did Intermediate, tried Advanced, the format is just too hard 😂