Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #191: BINGO!

Sash
7 - Meteor

Have managed to finish the challenge. However I am convinced there is a better way of getting the star in the middle than the method I have used. Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thank you 🙂

SamGon
7 - Meteor

Intermediate Solution attached.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Since I submitted the original challenge, I tried to do something a little different... My husband and I are watching our way through the Star Trek canon, so I thought I'd do Star Trek: Deep Space Nine BINGO. It took me a little while to figure out the free space (and there's still a little gap that I couldn't figure out how to remove!)

Spoiler
I used my original solution, except I changed the title and background image for the free space.

I also gave the free space "item" field a different name (item_free), so I could format it differently than the normal spaces (larger and lighter-colored text).

kelly_gilbert_1-1577415694799.png

kelly_gilbert_0-1577415162035.png

Free space image source: https://www.goodfreephotos.com/astrophotography/blue-supergiants-in-the-night-sky.jpg.php

sonyakasenkramer
8 - Asteroid

Well, I got part of it. Achieved all of beginner and #'s 2 and 3 of intermediate. Off to work on macros, I guess 😕

Spoiler
sonyakasenkramer_0-1577810667872.png
JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

Spoiler
challenge_191.PNG

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This was a toughie. I got close enough to the advanced solution,

Spoiler
Bingo CardBingo CardWorkflowWorkflow
mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
IntermediateIntermediate
Laszlo_D
8 - Asteroid

I used iterative macro to solve the advanced level.

image.png

Spoiler
image.png
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Ooh, fun one. Originally tried a graphic behind the banner for the Advanced challenge, but was having trouble getting things lined up well. So, went with a simpler text approach

Beginner:

EstherB47_1-1579573381304.png

Intermediate:

EstherB47_0-1579573343780.png

Advanced:

EstherB47_2-1579573541605.png

rmassambane
10 - Fireball