Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #191: BINGO!

osukef
5 - Atom

First off, this is my very first Alteryx Challenge completion! I've used the tool in varying capacity for about a year, but I'm really interested in progressing and becoming more efficient. That being said, I completed this for Beginner. My screenshot and workflow are attached.

Spoiler
One pitfall I know I fell into was that my technique means that the same item can appear more than once on each card. I'm eager for suggestions, tips on avoiding this! Thanks so much!

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

Inactive User
Not applicable

A completed intermediate version of this challenge! Still not familiar enough with the Reporting tab to tackle the Advanced version. 

OliverJ
7 - Meteor

JamesCameron
8 - Asteroid

Got there in the end - snuck a peak at Sean Adams solution to get the final format right for the advanced answer.

Spoiler
Flow

JamesCameron_0-1575156827035.png

Macro

JamesCameron_1-1575156889197.png
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
My quick beginner solution so I don't get too far behind on these again!

Capture.PNG

kapratt
5 - Atom

Seems I forgot to post this on Wednesday when I finished up. I wasn't quite able to figure out the image text overlay, but the remainder is pretty close. I went a little overboard "guaranteeing" that there weren't any duplicates, but I probably just made it a little harder for myself.

Workflow:

Spoiler
Workflow.png

Batch Macro:

Spoiler
Batch Macro.png

Iterative Macro:

Spoiler
Iterative Macro.png

PeterA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A fun weekly challenge - found I was able to simplify my steps with a few report tool tricks:

• Make Columns - such a fun and under utilized function
  • Passing style tags to vertically center contents in the bingo tiles
  • Using RegEx tool with the <htmlpassthrough> tag to find replace the free space with a base64 encoded image. 
Spoiler
weekly_challenge_191.jpg

MilneJames
7 - Meteor

Thanks for posting this!

I really had no idea how to approach this one (okay, well, some idea but not enough knowledge to actually do it) - so I set about trying to find an example that I could reverse-engineer so that I could learn how to do this. Your spoiler seemed to fit the bill so I downloaded your solution and it's great 🙂

Niklas
8 - Asteroid

🙂

RobertW
Alteryx
Alteryx

Stuck somewhere between beginner and intermediate.  Got a basic table output full of random options for 1 card.  Just peeked at the solution and I want to take it all the way.

Spoiler
RobertW_0-1576089840885.png