Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #191: BINGO!

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My (intermediate) solution attached!

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I always struggle with reporting tools. So this isn't perfect...

Spoiler
OllieClarke_0-1574792114833.png

Workflow:

Spoiler
I went for a batch macro nested within a standard macro to allow for the choice of number of outputs.

WorkflowWorkflow

Standard MacroStandard Macro

Batch MacroBatch Macro

Claje
14 - Magnetar

This was an interesting one.

Spoiler
I managed to build out most of this process - I ended up looking to @RolandSchubert's Table tool for some suggestions on properly formatting the data.  Report formatting and font choice in Alteryx is never really something I enjoy.

I was able to do this without a macro of any kind - because of the power of Generate Rows, you really don't need a macro for this kind of design, and often you don't need macros for a number of looping or batch processes, due to the inherent flexibility of Alteryx.  I attached it as a YXZP because the Community didn't like my YXWZ, but it just contains my app.
jmt214
8 - Asteroid

Beginner and Intermediate solutions! I'm going to try to finish the Advanced after Thanksgiving. Love the challenge getting me more into the reporting tools!

Spoiler
Capture.PNGCapturemac1.PNGCapturemac2.PNG
sprodger
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
sprodger_0-1574845026022.png
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks for this one @kelly_gilbert  - good opportunity to work with the reporting tool with a very specific format on the outcome (that was fun, to ensure that folks know where to set different settings).

I took a slightly different approach - the UI allows you to specify your own event, and the names of the participants (saves people from having to write their names)

Interface.jpgResult.jpg

Spoiler

Solution1.jpgSolution2.jpg

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

First 2 ones... got it...

Not quite there yet on the advanced reporting... got the bingo card but can't figure out the exact border matching... 

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my intermediate workflow. 

Spoiler
main workflow.PNGmacro.PNG
PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Completed the beginner and the intermediate logic - didn't quite work out the reporting format!

ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

I had a really fun time with this challenge. After I got to the step where the information needed to be put through the reporting tools, I needed to go through some solutions to understand how to use the reporting tools. This worked out pretty well and I learned more about how layering works with this reporting suite, but I found that my results in the browse tool didn't quite translate to the actual renderings. 
Workflow + Output

Spoiler
ZHSOLWF.png

Guts (Macro)

Spoiler
ZHSOLM.png

Splat (bug)

--If you try to cross tab a layout and select concatenate this error appears (needed to click first to fix)

Spoiler
ZHYouHaveFoundABug.png