Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #191: BINGO!

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My (intermediate) solution attached!

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I always struggle with reporting tools. So this isn't perfect...

Spoiler
OllieClarke_0-1574792114833.png

Workflow:

Spoiler
I went for a batch macro nested within a standard macro to allow for the choice of number of outputs.

WorkflowWorkflow

Standard MacroStandard Macro

Batch MacroBatch Macro

Claje
14 - Magnetar

This was an interesting one.

Spoiler
I managed to build out most of this process - I ended up looking to @RolandSchubert's Table tool for some suggestions on properly formatting the data.  Report formatting and font choice in Alteryx is never really something I enjoy.

I was able to do this without a macro of any kind - because of the power of Generate Rows, you really don't need a macro for this kind of design, and often you don't need macros for a number of looping or batch processes, due to the inherent flexibility of Alteryx.  I attached it as a YXZP because the Community didn't like my YXWZ, but it just contains my app.
jmt214
8 - Asteroid

Beginner and Intermediate solutions! I'm going to try to finish the Advanced after Thanksgiving. Love the challenge getting me more into the reporting tools!

Spoiler
Capture.PNGCapturemac1.PNGCapturemac2.PNG
sprodger
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
sprodger_0-1574845026022.png
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thanks for this one @kelly_gilbert  - good opportunity to work with the reporting tool with a very specific format on the outcome (that was fun, to ensure that folks know where to set different settings).

I took a slightly different approach - the UI allows you to specify your own event, and the names of the participants (saves people from having to write their names)

Interface.jpgResult.jpg

Spoiler

Solution1.jpgSolution2.jpg

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

First 2 ones... got it...

Not quite there yet on the advanced reporting... got the bingo card but can't figure out the exact border matching... 

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my intermediate workflow. 

Spoiler
main workflow.PNGmacro.PNG
PickleRick
7 - Meteor

Completed the beginner and the intermediate logic - didn't quite work out the reporting format!

ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

I had a really fun time with this challenge. After I got to the step where the information needed to be put through the reporting tools, I needed to go through some solutions to understand how to use the reporting tools. This worked out pretty well and I learned more about how layering works with this reporting suite, but I found that my results in the browse tool didn't quite translate to the actual renderings. 
Workflow + Output

Spoiler
ZHSOLWF.png

Guts (Macro)

Spoiler
ZHSOLM.png

Splat (bug)

--If you try to cross tab a layout and select concatenate this error appears (needed to click first to fix)

Spoiler
ZHYouHaveFoundABug.png