Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #19: Excel Record Locator

pdave87
11 - Bolide

Here we go!

Basics concepts always make foundation stronger. This was a very realistic exercise in terms of how structured data is consumed to process desired outputs. Awed by what Alteryx can do 🙂

Thanks to all SMEs for providing these challenges. Steps for review - 1) Import all using (*.xls) as absolute or relative file path 2) use attached tool (add to your macro list to make it a tool) and review the desired output for 2 or more than 2 files 🙂

Happy solving!

Regards,

Pratik

OlehNikitenko
7 - Meteor

Solution

ainderike
8 - Asteroid

Find my solution attached. It was more difficult than I expected. Curious to see your solution 🙂

OliverHosking
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Here is my solution

juliabarale002
8 - Asteroid

:dbfileinput:

drexelchin
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

My solution

jonathanwillis
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution

AndrewPowell
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 19.png

So I loaded sheets and used the first row as the headings (assumption they are the same headings for each file)
created a row number using the IIF function to test if the filename was the same as the previous row in which case add 1 otherwise must be first row so start from 2 since the headings were row 1
formulae to change the unnecessary row values to Null(); could equally be zero but nulls are less space
select only the columns needed and rename for clarity
summarise by the file name using the max function

EFos
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
EFos_0-1637561059642.png

YuriTchong
7 - Meteor

Wow my solution is completely different after the file loading.