Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #19: Excel Record Locator

kri3091
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Solution Challenge19.jpg
cmv
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
cmv_0-1591392146633.png

Skrupczak
7 - Meteor

This one took some trial and error for me to figure out what order to do things in so I didn't end up with extraneous records at the end. I used the tile tool earlier today for the first time based off of seeing it used in someone else's response to a different challenge, and was able to understand how it could be applied here when I was going through this challenge, so the practice and observation of other's approaches is definitely helping me learn tools that are not part of my current use!

Spoiler
Challenge 19.PNG
abowers004
7 - Meteor

I'm not going to post my solution because I could not figure this one out without viewing the posted solution. This is labeled as beginner and after seeing what was going on it was not very complicated to follow; as a beginner myself though, I would not label it as such. I went through a lot of trial and error to actually see how the operations were actually working.

The_Rad_Valentina
8 - Asteroid

This one was interesting. 

vradcha1_0-1592002919718.png

GeraldJTessier
8 - Asteroid

Here my solution

AnnaMikhaylova
8 - Asteroid

For a simple solution, it seems that I ended with over complicated solution, but as long as I got there, and confident enough that my solution is scalable to 100 books. 

Spoiler
AnnaMikhaylova_0-1592481495758.png

Blake
12 - Quasar

I took a little bit different approach than the provided solution but it still works! 

Spoiler
wc19.png
RNG
8 - Asteroid

VenkataP
7 - Meteor

Here is similar solution using Tile..