Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #19: Excel Record Locator

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

My solution which is basically the same as many others.

-Very interesting challenge as I have been having issues with the importation of many files at once.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

-Cheers!

Matt

lavanyadurai
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge19.PNG

alexo
8 - Asteroid

Jakub89
5 - Atom

My solution:

Spoiler
#19.jpg
dmodest
7 - Meteor

My solution. I had not used the Multi-Row tool at the point of completing this exercise so my solution contains more tools and inputs than needed.

MattBenj
9 - Comet
Spoiler
I didn't select "First Row Contains Data" instead I started my multirow formula at 2 (instead of 1).
dmodest
7 - Meteor

Updated and added a second solution that includes the Multi-Row Formula tool. Attachment shows both solutions. Although the solution with the Multi-Row contains less tools, I think the first solution runs faster and uses less CPU.

Solution19B.JPG

paulburrows
8 - Asteroid

Didnt keep this one that simple.. !

Nmetzgen1
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

mbogusz
9 - Comet

Spoiler
Beautiful Challenge 19.png

I added in a bunch of unnecessary selects, but that was only to get the files organized in the beginning.  Not necessary in the least, it all can be done with identifying the non-human readable names and/or renaming in the join tools, but that seemed like more work.  A more elegant solution would have fewer tools, but this solution has a lot of symmetry which is good.  Props to the tile tool for allowing this solution to scale.