Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #189: Billboard Top 100

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you @ChristineB - many of these bring back memories!

Spoiler

Only 3 things to call out on this solution:
a) instead of doing a filter for the max number of hits - just join on the maxhits.    Joining is a very common way to do a fast filter
b) I used a different decade structure (1960's instead of 60's) to allow it to sort correctly - Y2K should have taught us something!
c) need to change the type on the Rank to integer otherwise the filter on rank doesn't work as you expect

Solution.jpg

mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
2019-11-17 17_36_07-Greenshot.png

Who is this 'the weeknd' artist from the 10's I've never heard of before or 'the association' from the 60's?

mbogusz
9 - Comet

@Cal_A good observation on 'the decline of music' lol

mbogusz
9 - Comet

@Greg_Murray good question.  It looks like when the songs are broken out by Artists + by Featured Artists split out, Beyoncé does appear in the Top 10's list for the 00's.  This is the same conclusion reached by @LiD too.

mbogusz_0-1574033164813.png

SamGon
7 - Meteor

Looks like everyone beat me to the music puns.

Spoiler
SamGon_0-1574035750299.png
nivi_s
8 - Asteroid

Challenge #189 Solved!

I want to evolve this to make it an app so that we can input which rank groups we want to see, so we can see most number of #1s, 1 to 50s, and so on!

Spoiler
nivi_s_0-1574037927588.png
DanielMS
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My Solution! 

Spoiler
Minor formatting difference in my solution... with the Roaring 20's (Round 2) fast approaching, I thought it would be clearer to include the 19/20 prefix in the decade groupings (i.e. 1960's instead of 60's). 🙂
WeeklyChallenge189.JPG

Cheers!

NJ 

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution:

Spoiler
Easy peasy summarize breezy

Capture.JPG
mdodrajka
8 - Asteroid

Took a slightly different approach. Noticed that everyone created split workflows to generate Top 10 & Top 100. I used Numeric Up Down Interface tool to let user choose their Top#. Below is my solution.

Spoiler
challenge_189_mdodrajka.PNG