Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #189: Billboard Top 100

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you @ChristineB - many of these bring back memories!

Spoiler

Only 3 things to call out on this solution:
a) instead of doing a filter for the max number of hits - just join on the maxhits.    Joining is a very common way to do a fast filter
b) I used a different decade structure (1960's instead of 60's) to allow it to sort correctly - Y2K should have taught us something!
c) need to change the type on the Rank to integer otherwise the filter on rank doesn't work as you expect

Solution.jpg

mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
2019-11-17 17_36_07-Greenshot.png

Who is this 'the weeknd' artist from the 10's I've never heard of before or 'the association' from the 60's?

mbogusz
9 - Comet

@Cal_A good observation on 'the decline of music' lol

mbogusz
9 - Comet

@Greg_Murray good question.  It looks like when the songs are broken out by Artists + by Featured Artists split out, Beyoncé does appear in the Top 10's list for the 00's.  This is the same conclusion reached by @LiD too.

mbogusz_0-1574033164813.png

SamGon
7 - Meteor

Looks like everyone beat me to the music puns.

Spoiler
SamGon_0-1574035750299.png
nivi_s
8 - Asteroid

Challenge #189 Solved!

I want to evolve this to make it an app so that we can input which rank groups we want to see, so we can see most number of #1s, 1 to 50s, and so on!

Spoiler
nivi_s_0-1574037927588.png
DanielMS
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My Solution! 

Spoiler
Minor formatting difference in my solution... with the Roaring 20's (Round 2) fast approaching, I thought it would be clearer to include the 19/20 prefix in the decade groupings (i.e. 1960's instead of 60's). 🙂
WeeklyChallenge189.JPG

Cheers!

NJ 

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution:

Spoiler
Easy peasy summarize breezy

Capture.JPG
mdodrajka
8 - Asteroid

Took a slightly different approach. Noticed that everyone created split workflows to generate Top 10 & Top 100. I used Numeric Up Down Interface tool to let user choose their Top#. Below is my solution.

Spoiler
challenge_189_mdodrajka.PNG