Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #189: Billboard Top 100

AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
189_screenshot.png
SueDonim
8 - Asteroid

Definitely something wrong with that Top 10 (as noted above).  Also wondering where is "Heaven on the 7th Floor"?  But at least "Muskrat Love" showed up

Spoiler
Process:
- Auto-field ('cause I'm lazy)
- Create decade field
- Group by decade and artist + count distinct song
- Sort by decade (asc) and song count (desc)
- Calculate max number of songs for each decade
- Join data
- Group by decade, max song count, concatenate artist

For Top 10: Added filter at front end

MySolution.PNG
chris_ramsay_dup_425
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution.

Thanks,

Chris

viveknshah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_189_shvive.png

One month of no internet and whats the first thing I do - come back to solve the latest weekly challenge. Have you been missed and and a nice one to get me back in the groove. Also totally surprised with the results. This generations' music tastes need some alter-ing.

MDOstroff
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

According to the Rock Music Timeline web site (http://www.rockmusictimeline.com/1960s.html), The Beatles had three top 10 singles in the 60's, but this challenge's data set starts at 1965 so it misses "I Want to Hold Your Hand" which hit the top 10 in 1964. And as far as MJ, Thriller was the #1 album of the decade, but the song itself was only #95 for the decade. In other words, The Beatles (and Elvis) were successful on both the album and singles charts in the 60's, but MJ ruled the 80's album charts only.Odd but true.

jmt214
8 - Asteroid

@RobertW Thanks! I noticed that as I started going through the other solutions. Trying to work too fast I suppose!

Here's my revised solution!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge with us being in crossing over into a new decade. 

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png
TylerNa
10 - Fireball

I may have taken more of a jam band or guitar solo approach to this when compared to other solutions.

Spoiler
WC 189 Billboard TN.png
_enrique_javier
7 - Meteor

Let's reuse some logic, shall we?

Spoiler
Using a macro to reuse the logic.Using a macro to reuse the logic.
nerces
8 - Asteroid

Almost forgot these challenges existed! Thanks for the challenge!

nerces_0-1573801069926.png