Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #188: Difficult, but not im-parse-able

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar

I resolved this from scratch as it was almost a year ago that I first solved this real-life challenge.  Much more efficient workflow now.  I use this as an example of the power of Alteryx.  This used to be a manually copied to Excel process from multiple files that took about 10 hours to complete for over 1500 lines.  Now it is seconds.

Spoiler
Workflow 188.JPG

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for making the challenge!

Highlighted
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Initial filter : REGEX_Match([Field_1], '^\|\s{1,2}\d{1,10}\s.*')
Order of data in valid rows :  Start with | , 1 or 2 spaces , 1 to 10 digits, space and anything   
Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Talk about a real life example! I never would have figured this out from the instructions without seeing the output. This is why when anyone asks for help on the discussion boards we always ask for sample input and sample output.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Regex is a blast as normal. 

Big tip for geting some help with that regex: https://regex101.com/

Spoiler
Sebenius_0-1572941930334.png

Regex Used:
Vat No:
.*\|(\d{3}\-\d{2}\-\d{5})\|.*
Data:
^\|\s+(\d+)\s+(..)\s+(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})\s+(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})\s+([\d,-]+)\s+(..)\s+([\d,-]+)\s+\|
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

MC2wS

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

All to familiar with the source of this messy data...

Spoiler
Challenge #188.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_188.PNG
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Tricky one. Super useful though!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG