community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #188: Difficult, but not im-parse-able

Bolide

I resolved this from scratch as it was almost a year ago that I first solved this real-life challenge.  Much more efficient workflow now.  I use this as an example of the power of Alteryx.  This used to be a manually copied to Excel process from multiple files that took about 10 hours to complete for over 1500 lines.  Now it is seconds.

Spoiler
Workflow 188.JPG

Meteoroid

Thanks for making the challenge!

Quasar
Spoiler
Initial filter : REGEX_Match([Field_1], '^\|\s{1,2}\d{1,10}\s.*')
Order of data in valid rows :  Start with | , 1 or 2 spaces , 1 to 10 digits, space and anything   
Alteryx
Alteryx

Talk about a real life example! I never would have figured this out from the instructions without seeing the output. This is why when anyone asks for help on the discussion boards we always ask for sample input and sample output.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Regex is a blast as normal. 

Big tip for geting some help with that regex: https://regex101.com/

Spoiler
Sebenius_0-1572941930334.png

Regex Used:
Vat No:
.*\|(\d{3}\-\d{2}\-\d{5})\|.*
Data:
^\|\s+(\d+)\s+(..)\s+(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})\s+(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})\s+([\d,-]+)\s+(..)\s+([\d,-]+)\s+\|
Asteroid

MC2wS

Quasar

All to familiar with the source of this messy data...

Spoiler
Challenge #188.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_188.PNG
Asteroid

Tricky one. Super useful though!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Comet

Alot of Regex!