Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #187: Generate Prime Numbers

pjdit
8 - Asteroid

Here is my very un-mathematical solution.  works up to 1000, but would probably blow up a computer if ran for a large number.

Spoiler
challenge_187_PD spoiler.JPG
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution:

Spoiler
Haha, my CLUNKY solution. I really enjoyed seeing other (MORE EFFICIENT!) solutions to this challenge.

Capture.JPG

Declanh94
5 - Atom
Spoiler
Declanh94_0-1572542698415.png

First weekly challenge!

data_rachel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
187a.PNG
187macro.PNG

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

First challenge completed!

Spoiler
weekly challenge 187 solution.png
AlexSimpson
7 - Meteor

Good fun! Solution is attached and available below 🙂

Spoiler
Chalenge 187 Solution.png

Glycogenolysis
6 - Meteoroid

A little of a mess with the flags & logic in the formula tool, but surprisingly easy!

I've never used the generate Rows before - thought it would be better to use it in a batch macro - but the duplicated Append Fields method is much easier.

GGard
6 - Meteoroid

I tried two different versions - Brute force and using the method 'Sieve Of Eratosthenes'

The first one crashed around 100,000 records while the second can output results for 10M of records in 1 minute.

GGard_0-1572605207247.png

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Love a good math problem!
Capture.PNG

jcktwnsnd
6 - Meteoroid

My attempt. Couldn't think how to tackle this easily using Alteryx tools, so had a go using the Python tool. Getting a strange error though regarding metadata, but outputs the answer.

Spoiler
jcktwnsnd_0-1572612555831.png