We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
Thanks for a good presentation today on the challenge.
I went back to try to solve, and did. The one thing that I did not like was how the posted answer fabricated "Removed Date" = 7/1/2019 for those rows that did not have a Removed Date. My solution maintains a Removed Date of Empty (null), which I feel is more accurate and might avoid misinterpretation if this was a production query.
This challenge also created a challenge for me, a SQL guy. I am used to being able to join two tables and use functions and Boolean operators in my "group by" statement. That would have made this much simpler. So I had to find a way to split this group by into multiple steps. I got to what I needed though.
This was my first time using Alteryx. I thought it was a good exercise. Feel free to comment.