community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #186: Drilling down into Data Analysis

Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_186_solution_justindavis.PNG
Asteroid
Spoiler
Found this one suprisingly tricky to filter the results down - must be tired! Got there in the end.

Challenge 186.PNG

Thanks for setting this one!

James

Asteroid

Hi! Here my solution

Alteryx Partner

I like the number of different solutions! Representing Data Prep U with our solution. 

Spoiler
168.png
Meteoroid

Thanks for the challenge!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Asteroid
Spoiler
sprodger_1-1571839749895.png
Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #186.PNG
Alteryx Partner

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_186_RODO_Solution.png

Thanks for a good presentation today on the challenge. 

I went back to try to solve, and did.  The one thing that I did not like was how the posted answer fabricated "Removed Date" = 7/1/2019 for those rows that did not have a Removed Date.  My solution maintains a Removed Date of Empty (null), which I feel is more accurate and might avoid misinterpretation if this was a production query.

This challenge also created a challenge for me, a SQL guy.  I am used to being able to join two tables and use functions and Boolean operators in my "group by" statement.  That would have made this much simpler.  So I had to find a way to split this group by into multiple steps.  I got to what I needed though.

This was my first time using Alteryx.  I thought it was a good exercise.  Feel free to comment.

Thanks

Josh

Alteryx Certified Partner

Awesome seeing some of the sleeker solutions once I had completed my own! Great reason that I love the weekly challenges. 

Spoiler
Snag_41d787.png