community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #186: Drilling down into Data Analysis

Asteroid

The solution to last week's challenge can be found here! challenge_186_visual_asset.png

This week's challenge comes to us from @Original_Yodies. For those of you who work in the energy sector, and specifically drilling, you'll get some industry-specific practice with this challenge!

You are given data with dates when a rotating component (a "washpipe") is replaced on a giant offshore drill called a "topdrive". Each month, you are also given daily data for the amount of time a rig is circulating and/or drilling.

Find the number of circulating or rotating hourse for each installation of a topdrive washpipe. Additional details and assumptions are provided in the start file.

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
image.png
Meteor

Here is my solution, Looking forward to seeing sleeker solutions.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_1.png
Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution. I approached the Rotation and Circulation Hours in a roundabout way but it doesn't not work. 

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Asteroid

One day I'll be the first to post a solution, but not today.

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png
Asteroid

My solution attached.

Quasar

Bolide

My solution.

Spoiler

Workflow 186.JPG

Asteroid

Fun! It will be great to see how others approached this!

Spoiler
186_complete.png
Comet

Offshore drill rigs are massive!

Spoiler
WC 186 Oil Rig TN.png