Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #186: Drilling down into Data Analysis

justindavis
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_186_solution_justindavis.PNG
JamesFo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Found this one suprisingly tricky to filter the results down - must be tired! Got there in the end.

Challenge 186.PNG

Thanks for setting this one!

James

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution 🙂

alexandramannerings
8 - Asteroid

I like the number of different solutions! Representing Data Prep U with our solution. 

Spoiler
168.png
JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
sprodger
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
sprodger_1-1571839749895.png
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #186.PNG
RoDO
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_186_RODO_Solution.png
Pentacleus
5 - Atom

Thanks for a good presentation today on the challenge. 

I went back to try to solve, and did.  The one thing that I did not like was how the posted answer fabricated "Removed Date" = 7/1/2019 for those rows that did not have a Removed Date.  My solution maintains a Removed Date of Empty (null), which I feel is more accurate and might avoid misinterpretation if this was a production query.

This challenge also created a challenge for me, a SQL guy.  I am used to being able to join two tables and use functions and Boolean operators in my "group by" statement.  That would have made this much simpler.  So I had to find a way to split this group by into multiple steps.  I got to what I needed though.

This was my first time using Alteryx.  I thought it was a good exercise.  Feel free to comment.

Thanks

Josh

lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Awesome seeing some of the sleeker solutions once I had completed my own! Great reason that I love the weekly challenges. 

Spoiler
Snag_41d787.png