Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #186: Drilling down into Data Analysis

justindavis
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_186_solution_justindavis.PNG
JamesFo
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Found this one suprisingly tricky to filter the results down - must be tired! Got there in the end.

Challenge 186.PNG

Thanks for setting this one!

James

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution 🙂

alexandramannerings
8 - Asteroid

I like the number of different solutions! Representing Data Prep U with our solution. 

Spoiler
168.png
JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
sprodger
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
sprodger_1-1571839749895.png
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #186.PNG
RoDO
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_186_RODO_Solution.png
Pentacleus
5 - Atom

Thanks for a good presentation today on the challenge. 

I went back to try to solve, and did.  The one thing that I did not like was how the posted answer fabricated "Removed Date" = 7/1/2019 for those rows that did not have a Removed Date.  My solution maintains a Removed Date of Empty (null), which I feel is more accurate and might avoid misinterpretation if this was a production query.

This challenge also created a challenge for me, a SQL guy.  I am used to being able to join two tables and use functions and Boolean operators in my "group by" statement.  That would have made this much simpler.  So I had to find a way to split this group by into multiple steps.  I got to what I needed though.

This was my first time using Alteryx.  I thought it was a good exercise.  Feel free to comment.

Thanks

Josh

lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Awesome seeing some of the sleeker solutions once I had completed my own! Great reason that I love the weekly challenges. 

Spoiler
Snag_41d787.png