Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #186: Drilling down into Data Analysis

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

The solution to last week's challenge can be found here! challenge_186_visual_asset.png

This week's challenge comes to us from @Original_Yodies. For those of you who work in the energy sector, and specifically drilling, you'll get some industry-specific practice with this challenge!

You are given data with dates when a rotating component (a "washpipe") is replaced on a giant offshore drill called a "topdrive". Each month, you are also given daily data for the amount of time a rig is circulating and/or drilling.

Find the number of circulating or rotating hourse for each installation of a topdrive washpipe. Additional details and assumptions are provided in the start file.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
image.png
paulfound
11 - Bolide

Here is my solution, Looking forward to seeing sleeker solutions. 🙂

Spoiler
clipboard_image_1.png
hlmess
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution. I approached the Rotation and Circulation Hours in a roundabout way but it doesn't not work. 

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
ZenonH
8 - Asteroid

One day I'll be the first to post a solution, but not today.

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png
hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

benakesh
12 - Quasar

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution.

Spoiler

Workflow 186.JPG

BradWerner
11 - Bolide

Fun! It will be great to see how others approached this!

Spoiler
186_complete.png
TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Offshore drill rigs are massive!

Spoiler
WC 186 Oil Rig TN.png