Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #186: Drilling down into Data Analysis

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

The solution to last week's challenge can be found here! challenge_186_visual_asset.png

This week's challenge comes to us from @Original_Yodies. For those of you who work in the energy sector, and specifically drilling, you'll get some industry-specific practice with this challenge!

You are given data with dates when a rotating component (a "washpipe") is replaced on a giant offshore drill called a "topdrive". Each month, you are also given daily data for the amount of time a rig is circulating and/or drilling.

Find the number of circulating or rotating hourse for each installation of a topdrive washpipe. Additional details and assumptions are provided in the start file.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
image.png
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution, Looking forward to seeing sleeker solutions.

Spoiler
clipboard_image_1.png
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Here's my solution. I approached the Rotation and Circulation Hours in a roundabout way but it doesn't not work. 

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

One day I'll be the first to post a solution, but not today.

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar

My solution.

Spoiler

Workflow 186.JPG

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Fun! It will be great to see how others approached this!

Spoiler
186_complete.png
Highlighted
9 - Comet

Offshore drill rigs are massive!

Spoiler
WC 186 Oil Rig TN.png