Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #185: Amplify your Learning with Weekly Challenges!

Bdonahue
7 - Meteor

Not my Favorite one.

Bonus didn't make much since to me.  

Spoiler
I did a unique and filter on the correct dates.   From there, the first question was just a summary to get the number of openings.  The second question was a summary and cross tab tool then the ABS() of Downstream-Upstream.   The final question was creating a calc to take the difference in minutes (From the Multi-Row Tool after being ordered in time series occurrence). and format it in the same way the answer was.   Taking the most openings per Day of week, month, and hour, I was getting something in September 15th ish.  The wording was a bit unclear how the are looking for an answer but oh well.  
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.57.05 AM.png
Brian_Stoffel
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge.

bellosebastian
6 - Meteoroid

Here is my answer!

SKarl
5 - Atom

Spoiler
Spoiler!

In fact, I find the answer to the bonus question a bit misleading. The outcome is the average within the grouped data (by year, month, day of the week, hour) which favours data sets with one strong year.... As is the case for 2 pm on Sundays in August, which is sampled only for one year. There are 18 combinations of month, day of the week, and hour in the data which show a larger total number of lifts than 2 pm on Sundays in August (see screenshot below).

Since three full years are sampled, I would rather use the total number of lifts as an indicator as when to head for Tower Bridge, or, something like an average, wheighted by the number of the day-of-the-week being sampled  in a given month (i.e. the numbers of Sundays and Mondays can be different within a given month).

clipboard_image_0.png

hlmess
7 - Meteor

Using the DateTime Parse tool made the Bonus much simpler to get working (Custom Format: hh on days in Month)

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution. It was great to meet some of you at Inspire this week!

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 14.20.59.png
martybutchman
5 - Atom

"Inspired" by attending Inspire this week to attempt my first weekly challenge- looking forward to the next!

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #185.PNG
ck2019
9 - Comet

Inspire, inspired me to finish this one -thanks!!

Not sure how to do the spoiler picture!

Axiom
7 - Meteor

Solution:

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png