Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #185: Amplify your Learning with Weekly Challenges!

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I'll try to be present at the next Inspire

Spoiler
185.png
jmt214
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Good challenge, fairly straight forward. Formatting things to look like the provided answer output took me longer than calculating the metrics. 

Capture.PNG
mtedw
7 - Meteor

My first weekly challenge - completed the first three parts in the session at Inspire (thanks guys!) and the bonus tonight afterwards.

Found the first three parts straightforward enough, but the bonus was a little odd. My interpretation of the question seems to be a lot different - there were 17 August Sundays between 2015-2018. For the answer to be "12" in hour 14, there'd need to be on average 12 lifts in that hour across the 17 August Sundays, and so 204 in total. I only find 12 in total across the dataset.

That said, my input dataset seems to be different to those others have used. I start off with 3,740 records, whereas I note that another from this thread I downloaded shows 3,948. Have I gone wrong somewhere?

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Would be fun to be at Inspire Europe right now.

Spoiler
WC185 Bridge Lift.png
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Thank you sir/ma'am may I have another! 😄

Seth

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution, didn't do the formatting 😉

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution

Spoiler
18-10-_2019_13-08-04.png
cdavis19
7 - Meteor

paulfound
11 - Bolide

Just back from Inspire, felt inspired to take a challenge, unfortunately didn't make that session but here is my submission!! 

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

The Bonus got me, took me at least 30 min to figure out what was being asked doh!

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

A great Inspire once again!

Spoiler
challenge_185.PNG