community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

Alteryx Partner

Spent most of my time on this tweaking the map formatting options! Looking forward to visiting a few of these pubs next week.

Spoiler
image.pngimage.png
Bolide
Bolide

This made me nostalgic for the days when all I did was use the mapping tools (and made me a little thirsty as well!)

Did both ways...1 km radius and for extra credit, everything south of the river.

Alteryx Partner

Here is my solution !

Asteroid

Here´s my solution. I started playing with some logic to convert lat/longs to decimal degrees that I´ll try to improve later.

Spoiler
solution_184.PNG
Asteroid

Challenge #184 solved!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.pngclipboard_image_1.png
Comet
Spoiler
Challenge 184 map.PNGTook the advanced option to cut out the locations south of the river

Challenge 184.PNG

Really looking forward to Inspire, and timely that the challenge is spatial this week as I'll be there for 8:30 for the Mastery exam!b

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Found 13 pubs within range, North of The River Thames

Spoiler
Challenge 184 - Snip.jpgMap

@LukeM How do you get the different background map? All I have is Carto (Positron) and Carto (Dark Matter)...

Alteryx
Alteryx

@PhilipMannering just showing off the TomTom maps that come with the Spatial License. Pretty nice ey?

@LukeM Definitely nicer than the default map options. If you have a spare licence key lying around....?