community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

@LukeM For what it's worth, I've used the buffer tool in the past to turn the line into a really thin polygon. Then you can use the spatial process to remove the line from the trade area and then poly split to split the 2 separate parts into their own rows. Your solution is simpler, but this method will return the 2 separate pieces of the polygon which is sometimes useful.

Annotation 2019-10-09 081812.jpg

Alteryx
Alteryx

@patrick_digan - I can rest easy now!

That's the solution I was looking for. Cheers for that, much appreciated.

clipboard_image_0.gif

Luke

Asteroid

I opted to find the nearest bar on the other side of the river as the crow flies. Shame I don't have Tom Tom, because it would be a shorter stumble home from the Mayflower than the Angel, unless you fancy a swim. 

Spoiler
ZHSOL.png
Alteryx Partner

I don't think I've ever got a reporting tool correct on first attempt

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

Here's my workflow
Challenge 184.png

EDIT:
Thanks to @patrick_digan I saw my mistake:

Spoiler
That minus sign makes a big difference:
clipboard_image_0.png

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Map Input ftw. Now if you excuse me, I'll be back to studying for my two exams.

Atom

text functions, create points, create trade area, spatial match

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Alteryx Partner

My Solution

Asteroid

See you there!

Meteor
Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

Solved

First time posting a solution. Always enjoy staying sharp with the spatial tools (and how to replicate with formulas).

Spoiler
clipboard_image_1.png