Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

HarrisonHolt
7 - Meteor

wc184

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_1-1604152364512.png

AkimasaKajitani_0-1604152260269.png

After finished to making workflow, I found that the North or south of Thames is by borough_name field.
The north of Thames is Tower Hamlets and the South of Thames is Southwark.

treepruner
9 - Comet

I got most of this one on my own and I even knew I needed the report map tool, but I still had to look at solutions to figure out how to get the star in the center!

Spalders
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Spalders_0-1605110991153.png

Great idea from @LukeM to use the Map tool to plot the line of the Thames!

JP_SDAK
8 - Asteroid

Not sure what the solution was using, it looked like nothing what I got when I used 1Km distance. I only found 4 pubs, all north of the river.  I went ahead and upped it to 1.5Km and got a few more, including some on both sides of the river so I could do that part of the challenge.  I'm studying for advanced cert so decided to go the extra mile and also tried this with trade areas and without, and put them in a report

Spoiler
JP_SDAK_0-1605802101085.pngJP_SDAK_3-1605802599025.png

JP_SDAK_4-1605802702262.pngJP_SDAK_5-1605802720194.png

michael_leoni
8 - Asteroid

Please see my solution below. 

wsavoia
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

This challenge brought nice memories of starting a Christmas pub walk on the Prospect of Whitby towards St Katharine Docks. Not that long ago... pre-COVID.

Anyway, attached is the solution 🙂

Thanks.

OwenBData
8 - Asteroid

Long at Lat values showed Woolwich for me - so I put the Long/Lat in customly to the text input (so I still needed to break it up with a text-to-columns. 

Also added a custom polygon to only show pubs north of the river!

Spoiler
OwenBData_0-1609171298961.png

TraceyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

My solution.  Took me a while to figure out why I was only getting 4 pubs and my map didn't look like the solution, but I got there!

mhey01
7 - Meteor

Used Regex to get Lat & Lon of Dock. Create Points tool for both Dock and Pubs. Trade Area tool at 1km on Docks point. Spatial Match with Dock Trade Area as Universe and Pubs as Target to find Where Target within Universe. Result: 4 pubs in target area.

Spoiler
184.png