Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

sonyakasenkramer
8 - Asteroid

I need to get better with spatial tools. This was a tough one for me.

Spoiler
sonyakasenkramer_0-1577820422168.png
nini
8 - Asteroid

I use formula instead of spacial match tool, very nice practice of report map tool, thanks!

ashissanpui
9 - Comet

Solution attached.

johnemery
11 - Bolide

Another fun challenge in the books. Spatial challenges are always fun.

Spoiler
Make sure you pay attention to the longitude of the Tobacco Dock! 

Capture.PNG
ChuyVBabs
8 - Asteroid

Have to update when better at reporting but there's some extra steps in mine (labelling, table) specifically for the map.  Numbered/sorted pub locations by distance (crow's) from Tobacco Dock to facilitate cross reference of map to table.

Spoiler
 For the extra credit I would
1) spatially - intersect the pubs with an externally acquired (or internally drawn) shape with neighborhoods/wards/boroughs.
2) use the ward or borough attribute in the pubs table as I believe the Thames River bounds these divisions - can be checked comparison to external shape from #1 above.
Challenge184workflow.png

Plight
7 - Meteor

Quick one - bars North of the Thames within 1KM.

Spoiler
Plight 184 Solution.PNGPlight 188 Solution.PNG
rmassambane
10 - Fireball

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution 

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

That one was so much fun! For the second part, I used a Map Input tool to draw a polygon where the river is (and created a yxdb based on the Tobacco Dock location point to use as a reference for the Map Input tool).

Spoiler
Angela_M_Burks_0-1579898933358.png
jallen297
7 - Meteor

My solution

Spoiler
jallen297_0-1580235181961.png