Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

delilah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.JPGMap.JPG

Get there with north and south difference! Interesting one! 

AllieW
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Four good options to choose from!PubsSolution.PNG
paulfound
11 - Bolide

Needed to have a go at this as never actually used Spatial with force before. 

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.pngclipboard_image_1.pngclipboard_image_2.png

Not sure if it would have been col to use google reviews and then rate them with a number? I didn't this took me ages! But I learned something new! Boom!

paulburrows
8 - Asteroid

Heres my solutionAlteryx Challenge.jpg

DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

My solution:

Spoiler

Loaded in a section of the Thames polyline file from the spatial package, buffered by 10m and used it in a spatial process to split the 1km trade area into North and South of the river:

Capture.PNG   

Capture2.PNG

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A sneaky challenge!

If you're not getting the right answer then see the hint below:

Spoiler
The West co-ordinate needs to be negative as East is used as the positive direction in          co-ordinate systems. If you're anything like me then you had no idea this was the case before the challenge!
Spoiler
James Marks Week 184.PNG
FlorianTissen
6 - Meteoroid

Kind of a quick and dirty solution, but working. Definitely need to work on my regex-skills. Wish I had taken this challenge two weeks earlier 😉

cking1
5 - Atom

My first weekly challenge inspired by Inspire 19 and using a map input for the first time to source pubs north of the river.Map 184.JPG

Spoiler
Workflow 184.JPG

DataTester
8 - Asteroid

I found the easiest way to filter out those points north of the river was to use the borough_name field.

DataTester_0-1571943527833.png

Inactive User
Not applicable