Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

nickjastrzebski
8 - Asteroid

Spent most of my time on this tweaking the map formatting options! Looking forward to visiting a few of these pubs next week.

Spoiler
image.pngimage.png
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This made me nostalgic for the days when all I did was use the mapping tools (and made me a little thirsty as well!)

Did both ways...1 km radius and for extra credit, everything south of the river.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

damc
11 - Bolide

Here´s my solution. I started playing with some logic to convert lat/longs to decimal degrees that I´ll try to improve later.

Spoiler
solution_184.PNG
nivi_s
8 - Asteroid

Challenge #184 solved!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.pngclipboard_image_1.png
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
Took the advanced option to cut out the locations south of the riverTook the advanced option to cut out the locations south of the river

Challenge 184.PNG

Really looking forward to Inspire, and timely that the challenge is spatial this week as I'll be there for 8:30 for the Mastery exam!b

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Found 13 pubs within range, North of The River Thames

Spoiler
MapMap

@LukeM How do you get the different background map? All I have is Carto (Positron) and Carto (Dark Matter)...

LukeM

@PhilipMannering just showing off the TomTom maps that come with the Spatial License. Pretty nice ey?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@LukeM Definitely nicer than the default map options. If you have a spare licence key lying around....?