Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution 🙂

timrains
8 - Asteroid

Nice technique @JosephSerpis 

benakesh
12 - Quasar

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

My submission is attached.

Spoiler
I admit for a minute I mixed up Latitude and Longitude, giving me Tobacco Dock somewhere out in the Indian Ocean...
Capture.PNG
LukeM

@JosephSerpis did you cheat and feed in a polygon encasing the area south of the river rather than a line signifying the river?

chayma
5 - Atom
Spoiler

rst.PNGrr.PNG

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LukeM I feed in some co-ordinates south of the river and then created non-overlapping Trade Areas then filtered out the Trade Areas created from the co-ordinates I inputted. 

LukeM

@JosephSerpis ah okay. Nice one - sounds like a neat solution. I got myself really riled up with trying to split the trade area into two with a polyline, which is actually rather complicated, and thought you had nailed it. Was fairly happy with my solution in the end any way. See you next week!

Luke

AbbieRoss-Carter
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

Inactive User
Not applicable

Sad not to be joining everyone from Brookson at Inspire this year...loved it last year!