Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

fun.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

My solution only requires a single tool:

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 14.11.29.png
If it's your first time in London, or you haven't visited before, I can't recommend it highly enough. Genuinely one of the most atmospheric places for a drink and a personal favourite.

Edit: Actual solution attached. I was lazy and didn't account for the river.

As @patrick_digan points out you have to negative the longitude or you end up half way down the runway at City airport.

ch12345
7 - Meteor

I was caught out to start with due to the W direction. I'm not particularly experienced with the mapping tools, so I'm not sure if there was a more efficient way to remove outlying sectors.

Spoiler
Capture.PNGCapture2.png
Joe_Beaven
7 - Meteor

Done!

Spoiler
#184.PNG

simbert
8 - Asteroid

Very useful challenge!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
ecarter-93
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Complete!
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LukeM the secret is to tick on "Eliminate Overlap" in the Trade Area tool and by feeding in some co-ordinates south of the river it creates trade areas with no overlaps.

184_1.PNG

kpellegrini14
5 - Atom

Please see my completed challenge attached. Thanks!

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hello Joe @JosephSerpis ; that is a good technique, and it helps to visualize how all those individual points keep from over-lapping each other. 

The key is to generate trade areas that do not overlap each other.

Spoiler
2019-10-08_12-55-11.jpg

When filtering the other trade areas, the remaining trade area retains the 4 borders of the overlapping points' trade areas.

Spoiler
2019-10-08_12-55-42.jpg