community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #184: Closest Pubs to Tobacco Dock

Comet

Regular and advanced.

Spoiler
Workflow 184.JPG

map.JPG

Adv map.JPG

Asteroid

Nice solution @patrick_digan  You were able to figure out the longitude needed to be negative; I also like the way you came up with the icons for the pubs

Asteroid

That Report Map tool is neat!  Something I need to mess around more with.

Spoiler
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG
Asteroid

Nice job creating that polygon @T_Willins  and cutting it out from the trade area.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Excellent preparation for Inspire.

Spoiler
07-10-_2019_21-06-14.png
Create Points and Find Nearest did the job, Report Map to show trhe results

07-10-_2019_21-06-56.png
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
screenshot184.png
Highlighted

Challenge Completed. I went for the advanced challenge and isolated the pubs from the South of the river using a technique called Voronoi polygons which @timrains showed me how to do within Alteryx.

Spoiler
184.PNG
Asteroid

My solution attached.

Alteryx Partner

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_184_RODO_Solution.pngchallenge_184_RODO_Solution_Map.pngchallenge_184_RODO_Solution_Map_North.pngchallenge_184_RODO_Solution_Map_South.png

Answering the real questions here.