community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #183: Roman Numeral Math

Comet

This was a tough one for me but I struggled my way through it. The help on the dynamic replace was a game changer.

Spoiler
WC 183 Roman Numerals.png
Asteroid

This one definitely took me the most time out of any of the ~60 weekly challenges I've completed thus far, but I'm glad it did because I picked up some new things - particularly the Dynamic Replace technique others have pointed out. Most notably, I'm glad to learn that...

Spoiler
... you don't need a macro to evaluate an expression stored in a field. You can just create a dummy field that contains the name of the field containing your expression, and use that one tool as the D and R inputs for the Dynamic Replace. Awesome!

challenge_183_solution_justindavis.PNGchallenge_183_solution_justindavis_note.PNGchallenge_183_solution_justindavis_note_2.PNG
Alteryx Certified Partner

I learnt Dynamic Replace via @Martyn, so thank you

Spoiler
183.pngI did not round the answer, as I did not see a cue that I should
Meteoroid

Roman numerals took me back to primary school, nice little challenge!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Asteroid

Solution Attached

Alteryx
Alteryx

A very tough challenge, the logic in the multi-row formula is what gave me lots of trouble.

Some help from @DanielMS got me through it.

Spoiler
James Marks Week 183.PNG
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

Two ways to get there.

Asteroid

Was stuck at the very last step until I previewed the posted solution and learned about Dynamic Replace. This is a tool I'm going to be trying to use get better with in the future. Always great to learn a new tool.

Asteroid

Asteroid

Here is my version.

Spoiler
ganesamurthy_1-1572102169586.png