community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #183: Roman Numeral Math

Alteryx Certified Partner

Fun challenge - tried to keep things simple until I... Didn't. Opted for a batch macro instead of dynamic replace - so I'm keen to take a look at everyone else's answers and familiarise myself with a new tool!

Spoiler
Snag_3d800423.pngand the batch macro
1.png

Spoiler
I went for the find and replace route:
Annotation 2019-09-30 215711.jpg

Thanks to @PhilipMannering for showing me dynamic replace!

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Solution attached, I did get an answer of 15197, slightly higher than the example. I couldn't work out what would cause this difference...

Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
I used a batch macro to insert the calculation directly to a formula tool. Thats the only thing the macro does.
Untitled.png

Nice one

Asteroid

Hi! Here my solution

Spoiler
As many of the other challengers, I got a different result...

challenge_183_richobsj.PNG

This was fun! Got the same answer as everyone else (i.e. not the one in the solution box), but I think the methodology is correct

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Got a different answer as well. Love the use of dynamic replace

Spoiler
183workflow.PNG

Asteroid

My solution. As others have pointed out the solution seems to be incorrect.

I got:

Spoiler
Asteroid

For those who chose not use a macro or dynamic replace, I recommend that you check that you pass this one:

MDCCXXXII * LXXIX / IX + I * VII = 15210.111

Order of operands matter. @patrick_digan fancy the challenge?