Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #183: Roman Numeral Math

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

This was a tough one for me but I struggled my way through it. The help on the dynamic replace was a game changer.

Spoiler
WC 183 Roman Numerals.png
justindavis
10 - Fireball

This one definitely took me the most time out of any of the ~60 weekly challenges I've completed thus far, but I'm glad it did because I picked up some new things - particularly the Dynamic Replace technique others have pointed out. Most notably, I'm glad to learn that...

Spoiler
... you don't need a macro to evaluate an expression stored in a field. You can just create a dummy field that contains the name of the field containing your expression, and use that one tool as the D and R inputs for the Dynamic Replace. Awesome!

challenge_183_solution_justindavis.PNGchallenge_183_solution_justindavis_note.PNGchallenge_183_solution_justindavis_note_2.PNG
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I learnt Dynamic Replace via @Martyn, so thank you 😄

Spoiler
I did not round the answer, as I did not see a cue that I shouldI did not round the answer, as I did not see a cue that I should
JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

Roman numerals took me back to primary school, nice little challenge!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Solution Attached

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A very tough challenge, the logic in the multi-row formula is what gave me lots of trouble.

Some help from @DanielMS got me through it.

Spoiler
James Marks Week 183.PNG
delilah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

Two ways to get there.

DataTester
8 - Asteroid

Was stuck at the very last step until I previewed the posted solution and learned about Dynamic Replace. This is a tool I'm going to be trying to use get better with in the future. Always great to learn a new tool.

Inactive User
Not applicable

ganesamurthy
8 - Asteroid

Here is my version.

Spoiler
ganesamurthy_1-1572102169586.png