Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #183: Roman Numeral Math

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

This was a tough one for me but I struggled my way through it. The help on the dynamic replace was a game changer.

Spoiler
WC 183 Roman Numerals.png
justindavis
10 - Fireball

This one definitely took me the most time out of any of the ~60 weekly challenges I've completed thus far, but I'm glad it did because I picked up some new things - particularly the Dynamic Replace technique others have pointed out. Most notably, I'm glad to learn that...

Spoiler
... you don't need a macro to evaluate an expression stored in a field. You can just create a dummy field that contains the name of the field containing your expression, and use that one tool as the D and R inputs for the Dynamic Replace. Awesome!

challenge_183_solution_justindavis.PNGchallenge_183_solution_justindavis_note.PNGchallenge_183_solution_justindavis_note_2.PNG
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I learnt Dynamic Replace via @Martyn, so thank you 😄

Spoiler
I did not round the answer, as I did not see a cue that I shouldI did not round the answer, as I did not see a cue that I should
JonMcMillin
8 - Asteroid

Roman numerals took me back to primary school, nice little challenge!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Solution Attached

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A very tough challenge, the logic in the multi-row formula is what gave me lots of trouble.

Some help from @DanielMS got me through it.

Spoiler
James Marks Week 183.PNG
delilah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG

Two ways to get there.

DataTester
8 - Asteroid

Was stuck at the very last step until I previewed the posted solution and learned about Dynamic Replace. This is a tool I'm going to be trying to use get better with in the future. Always great to learn a new tool.

Inactive User
Not applicable

ganesamurthy
8 - Asteroid

Here is my version.

Spoiler
ganesamurthy_1-1572102169586.png