Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

JulioMO
9 - Comet

Here it goes. 

I could not match exact results.

In response to your question @ggruccio , I've noticed that in the output provided, there are "the", " the", "THE", "The" words, so there are words that have leading and/or trailing spaces. 

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge_182.JPG
Original_Yodies
8 - Asteroid

I went straight to the source and downloaded. still not matching result, but seems common to the early solutions by their descriptions.

More Regex practice.

Spoiler
182.PNG
echuong
8 - Asteroid

Can't seem to get the same answer either....

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

The first thing to do is to widen the field length on the input tool so that lines are not truncated. The first try all quantities match except the null value; thus, I moved the null filter after identifying the words, and all counts and percentages match.

Spoiler
2019-09-23_11-35-55.jpg
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Attached are my results.  I can tie the provided data to the results, except I excluded null results, so my percents are close, but don't tie exactly.  Spoiler is only provided data workflow; all workflows included in attachment.

Bonus #1 - Downloaded results are different as the provided data includes truncated lines that are complete in the downloaded data set.

Bonus #2 - Without opening the workflow and looking at the site, can you guess the source from the top 10 words?

Top Results of Bonus #2:

Results.JPG

Spoiler
Workflow 182.JPG

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached.

It took a while for me to figure out that this was case sensitive.

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution. I gave up on trying to figure out exactly what assumptions were made in parsing out the words. I ignored case and all numbers and stripped out all the punctuation I could think of except single quote and backslash. 

LukeG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Challenge_182_LG.PNG
NatSnook
8 - Asteroid

ahh - beating my head against a wall until i noticed the file had changed 🙂

dexter90
8 - Asteroid

Solution:

I used REGEX tool,however I am not getting sum_count equal to the actual count.

Spoiler
SPOILER