community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

Meteor

Here it goes. 

I could not match exact results.

In response to your question @ggruccio , I've noticed that in the output provided, there are "the", " the", "THE", "The" words, so there are words that have leading and/or trailing spaces. 

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge_182.JPG

I went straight to the source and downloaded. still not matching result, but seems common to the early solutions by their descriptions.

More Regex practice.

Spoiler
182.PNG
Asteroid

Can't seem to get the same answer either....

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

The first thing to do is to widen the field length on the input tool so that lines are not truncated. The first try all quantities match except the null value; thus, I moved the null filter after identifying the words, and all counts and percentages match.

Spoiler
2019-09-23_11-35-55.jpg
Comet

Attached are my results.  I can tie the provided data to the results, except I excluded null results, so my percents are close, but don't tie exactly.  Spoiler is only provided data workflow; all workflows included in attachment.

Bonus #1 - Downloaded results are different as the provided data includes truncated lines that are complete in the downloaded data set.

Bonus #2 - Without opening the workflow and looking at the site, can you guess the source from the top 10 words?

Top Results of Bonus #2:

Results.JPG

Spoiler
Workflow 182.JPG

Asteroid

My solution attached.

It took a while for me to figure out that this was case sensitive.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Here's my solution. I gave up on trying to figure out exactly what assumptions were made in parsing out the words. I ignored case and all numbers and stripped out all the punctuation I could think of except single quote and backslash. 

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Challenge_182_LG.PNG
Asteroid

ahh - beating my head against a wall until i noticed the file had changed

Asteroid

Solution:

I used REGEX tool,however I am not getting sum_count equal to the actual count.

Spoiler
SPOILER