Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
derekbelyea_0-1625256229400.png

My solution was off slightly so identified those words where the count was different...

jjrbondoc
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
jjrbondoc_0-1625496277642.png

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Challenge 182

Jonny
11 - Bolide

my solution. Could not get my result to match, and it was driving me mad until I gave up and decided to look the community solutions, so I realised I was not the only one! haha

nice challenge!!

Spoiler
I am off by ~12k words or 1% on the Total Word count, not too bad!
Jonny_0-1626281383904.png

Jonny_1-1626281396474.png

aravind_sk
8 - Asteroid

Not all the counts match as there are differences in how special characters are handled.. good experience with Regex and Tokenizing.

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Workflow.PNGResults.PNG
KyronSmith
7 - Meteor

I couldn't quite get the exact result, but it seems that I'm not the only one. If anyone could let me know what I did wrong that would be really appreciated!

Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

Tried two different RegEX/Text to column solutions, both get close to actual solution but they are a little bit different like many else 😕

Spoiler
Elias_Nordlinder_0-1626936088564.png

Erin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
I don't completely agree with the posted solution. I used the cleanse tool to remove punctuation, change all to upper case  to be grouped, and I removed numbers as well since the instructions said to count words. Guess I'm a literal person. 

BronzeFox_0-1627327410979.png

kcfuiks
8 - Asteroid

Solved; have to review the form to learn that the download file was not updated with the correct solution database. You may replace the challenge_182_output.yxdb with the one I have attached in the challenge file.