Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
derekbelyea_0-1625256229400.png

My solution was off slightly so identified those words where the count was different...

jjrbondoc
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
jjrbondoc_0-1625496277642.png

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Challenge 182

Jonny
11 - Bolide

my solution. Could not get my result to match, and it was driving me mad until I gave up and decided to look the community solutions, so I realised I was not the only one! haha

nice challenge!!

Spoiler
I am off by ~12k words or 1% on the Total Word count, not too bad!
Jonny_0-1626281383904.png

Jonny_1-1626281396474.png

aravind_sk
8 - Asteroid

Not all the counts match as there are differences in how special characters are handled.. good experience with Regex and Tokenizing.

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Workflow.PNGResults.PNG
KyronSmith
7 - Meteor

I couldn't quite get the exact result, but it seems that I'm not the only one. If anyone could let me know what I did wrong that would be really appreciated!

Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

Tried two different RegEX/Text to column solutions, both get close to actual solution but they are a little bit different like many else 😕

Spoiler
Elias_Nordlinder_0-1626936088564.png

Erin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
I don't completely agree with the posted solution. I used the cleanse tool to remove punctuation, change all to upper case  to be grouped, and I removed numbers as well since the instructions said to count words. Guess I'm a literal person. 

BronzeFox_0-1627327410979.png

kcfuiks
8 - Asteroid

Solved; have to review the form to learn that the download file was not updated with the correct solution database. You may replace the challenge_182_output.yxdb with the one I have attached in the challenge file.