Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great Sunday morning Coffee challenge.

Few interesting recipes here @Hollingsworth - finding word boundaries; checking for differences vs. a second data set etc.

I've added in a simple and more complex way to compare your answer to the solution (Many people will use the CREW macros @MarqueeCrew ), here's a way to build your own: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Compare-2-Data-Sets/ba-p/88853

Validation Image.png

Spoiler

Here's the solution - looking forward to seeing yours @bherde01  @Shreyasi @BrettR @JoshKushner @rslopez2 

SolutionImage.png

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Excellent examples. Thanks, @SeanAdams!

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
mbogusz
9 - Comet

For the bonus, I picked The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, what a great story, and sourced from Project Gutenberg.

It's Top 10 words, filtered for >= 8 characters (to eliminate the The's, A's, I's, etc.) are the characters in it (mostly).

mbogusz_0-1572007869389.png

Spoiler
Challenge #182 in the canChallenge #182 in the can
DataTester
8 - Asteroid

gracec97
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 182.JPG
dombaikamilla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

182.PNG
rslopez2
8 - Asteroid

Interesting challenge. Messy solution by all means and seemed to take different approach as my total word count was less than the output solution. 

Room for improvement for sure.

Spoiler
RL_wk_182 Solution.png
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 182.JPG
JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Attached my solution

OllieClarke