Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great Sunday morning Coffee challenge.

Few interesting recipes here @Hollingsworth - finding word boundaries; checking for differences vs. a second data set etc.

I've added in a simple and more complex way to compare your answer to the solution (Many people will use the CREW macros @MarqueeCrew ), here's a way to build your own: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Compare-2-Data-Sets/ba-p/88853

Validation Image.png

Spoiler

Here's the solution - looking forward to seeing yours @bherde01  @Shreyasi @BrettR @JoshKushner @rslopez2 

SolutionImage.png

Highlighted
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Excellent examples. Thanks, @SeanAdams!

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

For the bonus, I picked The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, what a great story, and sourced from Project Gutenberg.

It's Top 10 words, filtered for >= 8 characters (to eliminate the The's, A's, I's, etc.) are the characters in it (mostly).

mbogusz_0-1572007869389.png

Spoiler
Challenge #182 in the canChallenge #182 in the can
8 - Asteroid

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 182.JPG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler

182.PNG
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Interesting challenge. Messy solution by all means and seemed to take different approach as my total word count was less than the output solution. 

Room for improvement for sure.

Spoiler
RL_wk_182 Solution.png
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 182.JPG
Highlighted
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Attached my solution