Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This was actually quite some challenge.

I, as many others, did originally not the the same result, and I bluntly assume, that is because the approach and interpretation of, what does make a word, is is different.

E.g. I would not consider the word Gateway_ with an underscore to be a complete word of it's own, I would consider it similar toi Gateway with out the underscore. Never the less, these and many more are counted as different words in the solution.

So all though I do not concur with the provided result, once I tried to think, how that particular result was made, I actually was able to match the exact same output with this solution.

Spoiler
Oh yeah. I also went for the option to download the text file and parse that
The WorkflowThe Workflow

My assumption here was that the RegEx like (\w+) was used, I tried originally to use the "Whole Word"  RegEx like \<\w+\>, but that yields a completely different outcome.

Still Climbing
/Verakso

viveknshah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_182_shvive.png

Watch out for trunc... <hint hint> Fixing the length helped me get the numbers in line with expectations. Some cleaning up after the mess I created helped match things up. 
Tried both methods from file and download and got the same results. 

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

@cplewis90  take a look at this guide and you'll be able to change the workflow to 2019.2 with a little notepad manipulation.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

After realizing I was not paying attention to where I was saving my unpackaged workflows, I finally finished my workflow faster than figuring out unpackaging lol. Thanks to @TylerNa and others for sending notes to help! Helps when you actually look at where you save things. 

My solution:

Spoiler
Challenge 182.PNG
TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Another fun challenge with Regex.

Spoiler
WC182 Word Parsing.png
djs28
6 - Meteoroid

I was able to get matching results. Pretty happy with my first attempt to complete a weekly challenge 🙂

kmcdaniel
8 - Asteroid

I also managed to get close to, but not exactly the same as the provided solution.

I do see that the provided solution has a number of words with leading or trailing underscores which doesn't seem particularly desirable.

Spoiler
screenshot.png
AMansour
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Capture d’écran 2019-09-24 à 22.54.05.png
SubratDas5
10 - Fireball

My Solution 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution ! Also got slightly different results : didn't modify the case, removed numbers, whitespaces, line breaks and punctuation.