Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This was actually quite some challenge.

I, as many others, did originally not the the same result, and I bluntly assume, that is because the approach and interpretation of, what does make a word, is is different.

E.g. I would not consider the word Gateway_ with an underscore to be a complete word of it's own, I would consider it similar toi Gateway with out the underscore. Never the less, these and many more are counted as different words in the solution.

So all though I do not concur with the provided result, once I tried to think, how that particular result was made, I actually was able to match the exact same output with this solution.

Spoiler
Oh yeah. I also went for the option to download the text file and parse that
The WorkflowThe Workflow

My assumption here was that the RegEx like (\w+) was used, I tried originally to use the "Whole Word"  RegEx like \<\w+\>, but that yields a completely different outcome.

Still Climbing
/Verakso

viveknshah
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_182_shvive.png

Watch out for trunc... <hint hint> Fixing the length helped me get the numbers in line with expectations. Some cleaning up after the mess I created helped match things up. 
Tried both methods from file and download and got the same results. 

TylerNa
10 - Fireball

@cplewis90  take a look at this guide and you'll be able to change the workflow to 2019.2 with a little notepad manipulation.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

After realizing I was not paying attention to where I was saving my unpackaged workflows, I finally finished my workflow faster than figuring out unpackaging lol. Thanks to @TylerNa and others for sending notes to help! Helps when you actually look at where you save things. 

My solution:

Spoiler
Challenge 182.PNG
TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Another fun challenge with Regex.

Spoiler
WC182 Word Parsing.png
djs28
6 - Meteoroid

I was able to get matching results. Pretty happy with my first attempt to complete a weekly challenge 🙂

kmcdaniel
8 - Asteroid

I also managed to get close to, but not exactly the same as the provided solution.

I do see that the provided solution has a number of words with leading or trailing underscores which doesn't seem particularly desirable.

Spoiler
screenshot.png
AMansour
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Capture d’écran 2019-09-24 à 22.54.05.png
SubratDas5
10 - Fireball

My Solution 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution ! Also got slightly different results : didn't modify the case, removed numbers, whitespaces, line breaks and punctuation.