Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #182: Word Sleuthing

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @AYXAcademy,

Is there a way to get a .yxzp made on 2019.2? My company is not quite on 2019.3 yet.

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

It seemed straightforward at first, even if using the Download tool. 

Spoiler
image.png

But then the rabbit hole appeared and I jumped in. This text contained more than just a Sherlock Holmes story. 

Spoiler
image.png

Aha!! So now I need to figure out which words belong to each book

Spoiler
image.png
Regex_Match FTW in a filter, to find the Start and End lines for each book. A formula tool with a smidge of Regex Replace pulls out the book title, and Start or End.  Crosstab so the start and end are next to each other for each book. Append this all onto the original list, and tag with the book title when the Record ID fits between the start and end lines for each book. Filter where the book is empty.

Then the process of tokenizing per word, summarizing, calculating percentage, as above works. Just add a filter onto the end to separate the books out.

So much fun to play with this one!!!

sudhar46
7 - Meteor

Interesting Weekly Challenge. I received different set of result sets.

sudhar46
7 - Meteor

Hey @cplewis90 :

Just download and open this package from 2019.2 Alteryx designer (File-->Open Workflow-->Browse this pc-->(Locate your workflow)). It will allow you to open with some warnings . Ignore those warnings and explore the data challenge. Even i use 2019.2 version. :):)

Martyn
9 - Comet

Nice bit of brain exercise to start my day!

Spoiler

image.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My first solution returned different results, so I started to exclude lines (all lines before "*** START"), but the results were still different. So I carried on exluding/including parts of the text and making the workflow more complicated ... and ended up with a simple solution matchig the expected output.

Spoiler
24-09-_2019_10-42-53.pngImpressive, how easy it can be using RegEx ... I need to improve on that

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

my solution, like many others, I did not find the same exact results 😕

hellotf12
5 - Atom

Yay! I got the same results as the solution! This is also my first upload. Thanks for the weekly challenges!

Spoiler
What worked for me is changing the "Field Length" in the original input tool to a much larger size, to avoid truncating longer fields.
Spoiler
image.png

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

With exact results... Got to love Regex... and Regex101.com

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @sudhar46,

I must be doing something wrong because any time I import I get the following error:

error with new version files.PNG