community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #181: Ingredients of an Old Southern

Asteroid

My solution attached.

Fireball
Spoiler
Challenge181.PNG
Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_181_shvive.png

Ended up using CrossTab because I like my drink shaken not stirred. 

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Hello @T_Willins 

That must have been a pretty good class on web scrapping; the only thing that I don't undersand much is the use of two REGEX operators on the Ingredients group (.*?)

The asterisk operator should match the preceeding character zero or more times, and the ? operator should match it zero or one time. I am a little confused on the purpose of the ? operator following the asterisk. It seems that with or without it pulls the same results. Is there any strategy behind it?

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/libs/regex/doc/html/boost_regex/syntax/basic_extended.html

Comet

Hi @JORGE4900.  I used the (.*?) as habit as I have had too many times when my wildcard .* returned to long of a string.  In this specific data set it is not needed and (.*) would return the same results.  Adding the ? makes the operator non-greedy.  There is a great page on Perl Syntax at:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/RegEx-Perl-Syntax-Guide/ta-p/1288

If you get a chance to take the webscraping (or any other pre-conference classes) at #Inspire I would strongly recommend them. 

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Challenge_181_LG.PNG

Niceeeeee

Asteroid

Hi @NicoleJohnson 

I really enjoyed looking at your application. Very nice job, and I have to say Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris sound pretty good for a sunny day.

My first challenge. Not a bad way to learn about how to work in the designer.

Asteroid
Spoiler
181.png