Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #181: Ingredients of an Old Southern

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Please find attached my solution to the challenge. 

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
I ensured that the workflow can be customised to allow for more recipes (using a record ID) and for other analysis as well (by crosstabbing the data at the recordID level)I ensured that the workflow can be customised to allow for more recipes (using a record ID) and for other analysis as well (by crosstabbing the data at the recordID level)
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

Highlighted
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Fun challenge! Now I can go make myself an old-fashioned!

Spoiler
Challenge 181.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Was it necessary to use python for this? No. 

Did I challenge myself to learn python and start using it more? Yes.

Working to identify moments where python may be more advantageous than using some of the built in tools. I think parsing JSON may be one of them...

Spoiler
challenge image.PNG

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

My solution using regex. I feel like I should try to use the tools rather than regex, but I need practice in both, haha.

Spoiler
challenge-181.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

My Solution

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

Yeah, I had to overachieve.  I used the Reporting palette to download the image and create a recipe card.

181_output.png

Spoiler
181.png