Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #181: Ingredients of an Old Southern

Niklas
8 - Asteroid

My solution

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fun challenge!

PaceParillo
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
181 spoiler.PNG

Cool challenge. never used the download tool before!

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Hey @T_Willins 

I totally get it now; it is basically matching the first instance of it and, of course, only grouping everything included on the matching group. This is really helpful. Just yesterday I was commenting this on our Phoenix User Group meeting with @michael_perillo and @wale_ilori 

Here is another example.

Bdonahue
7 - Meteor

Got to use one of my favorite tools

Spoiler
Used the text input into the download tool then the Downloaded into a string field.  Used the Json Parse to break it out and dynamic rename to kill some of the extra headers.  Split based on "." in the Json headers.  Since we are only getting one drink, we didn't need to use the outer record identifier.  Broke out ingredients and measurements and took row identifier from header.  Joined on row, filtered out null and empty values and selected only the fields I needed and renamed to correct header.  
I've done this with the Smartsheet API and it's great to build out your sheets and any metadata about them that you need like last updated at.  
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.23.00 PM.png
Original_Yodies
8 - Asteroid

I need one of these, NOW!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
delilah
8 - Asteroid

clipboard_image_0.png

annaprosvetova
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone!

Here goes my first solution for the Weekly Challenge. I have started using Alteryx only this week, so hopefully will be able to get to the same result in fewer steps in future.

echuong
8 - Asteroid

Quick, fun challenge! First time using JSON as well!

Pollution
6 - Meteoroid

Here is my solution