Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #181: Ingredients of an Old Southern

damc
11 - Bolide

Here´s my not so clean solution. Glad I got to solve the currently challenge, though. 

Spoiler
Spoiler:

solution_181.PNG
agrawaluk
8 - Asteroid

My first ever submission to a Weekly Challenge! Hope to continue sincerely from now on 🙂

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I love the smell of mimosas in the morning...

So I went rogue on this one (clearly, the only way to go when dealing with cocktail recipes first thing on a Monday), so I made a drink recipe app using the provided extremely helpful cocktail recipe database...

Spoiler
* Can I just point out that it's extremely ironic that using Reporting tools to create a fancy cocktail recipe card really makes me want to drown my sorrows in a fancy cocktail? BUT I PERSEVERED, and now we have a drink app. 🙂

WeeklyChallenge181.JPG
The workflow. Most challenging part? Figuring out how to resize the thumbnail image... URGH.

WeeklyChallenge181Results.JPG
The results for an Old Fashioned!

I really don't like Old Fashioneds, so I personally prefer to run this for frostier, fruitier beverages... like daiquiris. 
WeeklyChallenge181AppPrompt.JPG

Now where is my blender??
WeeklyChallenge181Results2.JPG

YUM.

Enjoy playing around with my cocktail recipe app! 

Cheers!!

NJ

bnelly1987
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution-Challenge 181.PNG
kshashank03
7 - Meteor

Nice practice using the download tool. I reversed the string and used the RegEx tool to make sure that you could use the same workflow for whatever recipe you had in mind. 

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 181 Shashank.png
nivi_s
8 - Asteroid

Challenge #181 solved!

Spoiler
In hindsight, I could've probably used a single formula tool instead of 2 regex tools, but I guess my relationship with the Formula tool is... on the rocks today.
clipboard_image_1.png

meeravijayan2011
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
SPOILER

spoiler.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Ah, so much fun. Thanks, @patrick_digan !!!

Spoiler
image.png
chetty
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great way to end the day... More ice, please!