community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #181: Ingredients of an Old Southern

Asteroid

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here

This week's challenge comes to us from ACE @patrick_digan

Using the provided URL, download and parse the data in the recipe for an Old Southern. Create a list of the cocktail ingredients and measurements.

Whiskey (and other spirits) and analytics go surprisingly well together.  Head on over to our Events page to join an evening of whiskey tasting and data sampling near you. 

dog_bartender.gifI prefer my analytics shaken...not stirred.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Challenge Completed!

Spoiler
181.PNG181.PNG
Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #181.PNG
Highlighted

Similar to @kat just some different words in the formula tool.
Fastest I've gotten a kick at the can

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
Spoiler
16-09-_2019_18-15-11.png16-09-_2019_18-18-51.png

Hhallenge completed ... and got to know a very useful website

Asteroid

Looks like my company's proxy blocks the Download tool (I'll need to research the work-around for that later) so for now I just copied the URL's text into a Text Input tool and worked from there.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Here is the list.

Spoiler
2019-09-16_10-07-00.jpg
Bolide

Quick challenge.  Put to work what I learned in the webscraping class at #Inspire19.  I might create an app from this website.  Now what's my drink...

Spoiler
Workflow 181.JPG

Pulsar
Pulsar
Spoiler
I almost always use a Multi-Row Formula tool to create the group field, but luckily this time I remembered JSON has the group already in the name field, I just have to extract it.
Capture.PNG

Whoever solves this gets a free drink prepared by @patrick_digan himself, right?
Nebula
Nebula

Fun challenge, but I can't say it was "Neat"

Spoiler
w.png

Dan