Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #181: Ingredients of an Old Southern

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here

This week's challenge comes to us from ACE @patrick_digan

Using the provided URL, download and parse the data in the recipe for an Old Southern. Create a list of the cocktail ingredients and measurements.

Whiskey (and other spirits) and analytics go surprisingly well together.  Head on over to our Events page to join an evening of whiskey tasting and data sampling near you. 

I prefer my analytics shaken...not stirred.I prefer my analytics shaken...not stirred.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed!

Spoiler
181.PNG181.PNG
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #181.PNG
JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Similar to @kat just some different words in the formula tool.
Fastest I've gotten a kick at the can

Spoiler
Capture.JPG
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
16-09-_2019_18-15-11.png16-09-_2019_18-18-51.png

Hhallenge completed ... and got to know a very useful website

Adam_Dooley
8 - Asteroid

Looks like my company's proxy blocks the Download tool (I'll need to research the work-around for that later) so for now I just copied the URL's text into a Text Input tool and worked from there.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Here is the list.

Spoiler
2019-09-16_10-07-00.jpg
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Quick challenge.  Put to work what I learned in the webscraping class at #Inspire19.  I might create an app from this website.  Now what's my drink...

Spoiler
Workflow 181.JPG

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
I almost always use a Multi-Row Formula tool to create the group field, but luckily this time I remembered JSON has the group already in the name field, I just have to extract it.
Capture.PNG

Whoever solves this gets a free drink prepared by @patrick_digan himself, right?
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Fun challenge, but I can't say it was "Neat"

Spoiler
w.png

Dan