We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!Submit Feedback
This turned out to be quite some challenge after all
The Macro it self was also pretty simple
So in the end, I did manage to match the result.
OK - so clearly I was a glutton for punishment. I read this as a challenge to also deal with the ZIP file.
Attempt number 1: Read the files while still INSIDE the zip file
- Works well but not for all file formats
Attempt number 2: Unzip the file programmatically - and then read the output files
- a quick bit of python to create a new target folder
- Then another bit of python to unzip
- Then a reader; some parsing; some cleaning
… and just like that - an overnight solution (but over several nights)..
@Hollingsworth - this is a reuse of that directory creation trick that we discussed on another thread
I spent way too much time trying to figure this out without manually unzipping the files. Once I unzipped them my regex was a bit off and made me lose some files. Once I fixed that I was able to get the right answer.
I do notice that this is only 'solved' when we follow the file formats provided in the hint. When populating a complete file format list we get a very different result.
checked out this for guidance. turned out to be more of a distraction than a help though.